1. Booking a lesson
Booking a ski/snowboard lesson from Machirski Sport Ltd. is made from Monday to Thursday; 09:00 am – 06:30 pm.
Booking requests are accepted as follows:
Registrations are valid only after written confirmation by “Machirski Sport”, completion, signing and sending of the Contract and full prepayment made.
In order to book ski/snowboard lessons with a Bulgarian speaking group, the participant must have a good understanding of Bulgarian language. If the participant does not understand or speak Bulgarian, he/she has to book private ski/snowboard lessons with an English speaking teacher.
Full payment must be made up to 5 days prior to the start date of the selected course in one of the following ways:
- by bank transfer – with wire transfer to the bank account of Machirski Sport:
- Bank account (in BGN): Machirski Sport Ltd., Bank: DSK Bank, IBAN: BG09 STSA93000001434 073, BIC: STSABGSF
- Bank account (in EUR): Machirski Sport Ltd., Bank: DSK Bank, IBAN: BG32 STSA 93000021476478, BIC: STSABGSF
- by debit/credit card – we will send you a payment link to your email or via message on your phone by myPOS and you will land on a secure payment gateway, where you can enter your card details and complete the payment process.
*If the payment is done by a company bank account, please send us company details in order to issue an invoice.
**In case of payment after 12:00 pm on Friday, the client must send us a scanned payment order to: email@example.com.
If the participant is under 18 years old, his/hers parent/guardian is required to inform Machirski Sport of any behavioural characteristics and illnesses of the child.
The shuttle bus transfer is included in the package price only with an advance booking through the website or by email. When booking, the Customer chooses which of the specified stops he/she will use for boarding and alighting. Transfers are carried out by shuttle buses and buses marked with “Machirski Sport” signs. The shuttle bus departs from NS “Vasil Levski” at 08:15/08:30 and stops at the following locations:
- “SHELL” stop – bus stop after the Shell gas station on “Bulgaria” blvd.;
- “Gotse Delchev” bus stop – bus stop after the intersection of “Bulgaria” Blvd. and “Gotse Delchev” Blvd.
- “BILA” stop – bus stop after the intersection of “Bulgaria” Blvd. and “Todor Kableshkov” St.
- “Skiorka” stop in Boyana district – bus stop after the intersection of Panoramamen and Belovodski roads in Boyana district – at 08:45 a.m.
! With the “Expert” package, the departure is only from ‘’Vasil Levski’’ National Stadium at 07:45.
It is desirable for the Customer to wait at 08:30 at the stop of his choice. The shuttle bus runs later, but cannot stay at the stops and wait for late customers. On the way back, the stops are located on the opposite side, in the direction along the center, again after the intersections. At the “Skiorka” stop, the shuttle bus stops before the intersection around 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. The shuttle bus arrives at “Vasil Levski” NS at 4:15 – 4:30 p.m.
In case of an unforeseen situation, you can inform us at +359885042244.
The mountain insurance is included in the package price only when booking in advance through the website or by email. The insurance policy is concluded with Euroins AD and covers up to BGN 1,000 for medical and rescue expenses. In case of an insurance event, the Client must contact “Machirski Sport” immediately. “Machirski sport” can refuse to insure a client and is not responsible for an insurance event that occurs if the client has not provided correct personal data (three names, social security number).
Trip cancellation insurance can be purchased upon booking for an additional fee. The insurance can be issued up to 5 days from the date of signing up the contract for the service and no less than 10 days before the starting date of the lessons.. You can see information about the insurance HERE.
5. Personal equipment and clothing
When registering, children with personal ski/snowboard equipment are accepted after the parent guarantees its suitability and reliability, for which he/she signs the General Terms and Conditions and a consultation has been made with a representative of “Machirski Sport” regarding the size and suitability of the equipment. For beginners, the size of the skis/snowboard should not be higher than the learner’s chin. Personal equipment must be labeled.
Course participants must be dressed in appropriate winter clothing.
- It is desirable that the outfit be in two parts – a jacket and trousers, to allow easy undressing (on the bus, at the base, outdoors) and for children it should also include:
- Children should wear ¾ socks (thermo) or pantyhose. Wearing short socks, thick woolen socks or more than one pair of regular socks is NOT recommended.
- Children’s winter gloves can be single-fingered, but NOT knitted.
- A helmet or winter hat to cover the ears.
- Children’s backpack with a label with the child’s name, address and phone number of the parent.
- A spare pair of socks, gloves and an extra t-shirt (a pair of underwear for the little ones).
- Sunglasses with high UV protection, mask type recommended.
Children should be pre-slathered with sunscreen (SPF +15), but not moisturizing.
Scarves, ties, hanging accessories are DANGEROUS!!!
6. Lift ticket
Packages Ski Kindergarten or Beginners include lift ticket for the lift facilities owned and managed by Machirski Sport on the Ophelii and Vetroval ski slopes. Packages Advanced and Experts do not include lift ticket. Machirski Sport is not responsible for and does not refund money for purchased lift tickets in case of discontinuation of the facilities due to bad weather, accident or other force majeure circumstances. Machirski Sport is not responsible and does not reimburse for obstruction of skiing or snowboarding lessons caused by discontinued use of lift facilities owned by Machirski Sport or other lift operator.
7. Organization of training
Group ski/snowboard lessons are 4 hours a day – two hours before lunch (10:00 – 12:00), a 45-minute lunch break and two hours after lunch (13:00 – 15:00).
Clients should bring a small thermos/bottle with water and a dry food pack. During the lunch break, customers are offered free hot tea and are required to bring a reusable jug or cup.