Kids Sailing Camp
20-24.07.2020 and 10-14.08.2020
For a third consecutive year we will dive into the marvelous world of the slowest, but definitely, most captivating and pleasant way of getting from point A to point B. Together with our friends from the Central Yacht Club of Sofia – Academic we will learn the names of all winds that blow and how to recognize them, we will find out how to set course and follow it, what are the different parts of the water vessels we will use, and a bunch of other interesting things that will make us feel like real sea dogs. Or pirates, in case you ever wanted to be one. Just don’t tell anyone!
Welcome aboard! Hoist the sails!
WHAT DOES THE CAMP INCLUDE?
- 5 days of theoretical and practical training in sailing for children;
- transport from Sofia to the “Iskar” Dam and back;
- highly qualified instructors and coaches from the Central Sofia Yacht Club “Academic”;
- guide/instructor from “Machirski Sport”;
- certificate for a completed beginners’ sailing course
- In each of the days, there will be constant supervision of the children by the instructors of CSYAK “Academic” and Machirski Sport.
- Lunch – the exact time and place will be decided at the discretion of the organizers and in accordance with the program. Lunch can be on-site at the base or dry packs can be loaded on the boat and we can organize an outdoor picnic elsewhere.
- After the completion of the beginners’ training course, CSYAK “Academic” offers those who wish to continue practising sailing and want to join the representative team of the club in different classes and age groups.
Departure and return:
- Time and place of departure: 08:30 am from the central entrance of the National Assembly “Vasil Levski”;
- Time and place of return: 5:30 pm in front of the main entrance of the National Assembly “Vasil Levski”.
- Central Sofia Yacht Club “Academic”
Central Sofia Yacht Club Academic (CSYAK Academic) was founded and registered in Sofia in 1957, and since 2000 has been registered as a Non-Profit entity. The main goals of the club are to carry out training and competition activities for interested children and adults, with priority for children and adolescents and the promotion of sailing in Sofia.
CSYAK Academic annually organizes traditional domestic and international sailing regattas, which are included in the calendar of the Bulgarian and International Sailing Federations. The oldest regatta “Sofia” is held for more than 45 years.
It also carries out cross-border cooperation along the lines of the Euro-Balkan Sailing Association, actively holding joint events with clubs from Serbia, Macedonia, Romania and Greece.
The club carries out its activities in the Central Sailing Base (former city sailing base) on the Iskar Dam – Storks’ nest.
Personal safety begins with instruction on land. It continues with putting on life vests, without them, we do not get on board! Instructors, who are experienced sailors, sail with the children and decide to what extent to leave the management entirely in the hands of the crew.
- Preparation – equipment and food
It is important that children are prepared as follows:
- Bring sandwiches or something to eat, as well as drinking water. Only soft drinks, chips and waffles are sold on the base.
About the clothing:
- The children should have spare clothes in case they get wet (T-shirt, shorts, socks);
- Outerwear (jacket, raincoat, fleece) and sun hat;
It is important that the shoes are comfortable and with a flat sole – e.g. sandals, sneakers or sneakers.
* The program is a trademark of CSYAK “Academic” and “Machirski Sport”*